Friday, January 14, 2011

2 Months Old!

I'm soo behind (still haven't posted about our wonderful Christmas) but that will have to wait because our little girl is 2 months old!!!

Here's a quick update and of course some pictures = )

We went to the doctor today (which meant some shots...booo, but she's doing alright).  Here's what we found out:

Height: 23 1/2 inches (90 percentile)
Weight: 11.8 pounds (75 percentile)

Kinley is much more active in her second month, she loves to smile especially right after she's eaten and when she's on her changing table.  Just in the last week she's started giving us these HUGE toothless grins.  It absolutely melts my heart.  I've yet to get a great picture of the big grin, but I do have a few of some of her smiles. 

Other things she is mezmerized by:  fans, her mirror on the playmat, Trent and I making funny faces at her and blowing in her face.  She falls asleep everytime we go in the car, and is doing pretty well with sleep too!  She did get a little more fussy in the 2nd month and doesn't like being left alone in her rocking chair, bouncy seat, or playmat (which means I don't get a lot done right now!).

Milestones in the last month: 
  • Grew out of newborn clothes & newborn diapers at 6 weeks (Christmastime)
  • First smile: 5 weeks
  • First coo's: about 6 weeks (I can't exactly remember!)
  • Big toothless grins & great eye contact: 8 weeks
  • Pushes up and looks around when she's on her stomach
  • Putting her hands in her mouth (but otherwise hasn't really "found" her hands yet)
  • Stares at objects far away (like ceiling fans or people walking in and out of the room)

All around, she's still a great baby.  It's funny, since she's our first child, I have nothing to compare her to.  So I don't know if she's super easy, rather fussy, or somewhere in the middle.  I'm happy to not have the comparison for now because just enjoying everything about her is wonderful!

Enjoy the pictures!






2 comments:

  1. Amanda! She is so adorable! I just started following your blog since I just started my own blog! I am looking forward to keeping up with you guys!

    ReplyDelete