Monday, September 12, 2011

Catching UP!

It's been a little busy around here and as I get more and more behind on sharing the meals I've been making it's feeling more and more daunting, which has just led me to put it off more and more!

(anyone know the feeling?!)

Here's where we're at with the last week-and-a-half:

I ended the week of 8/29 at $46.60 - WOHOO!  Here's the full breakdown:  Grocery List 8/29/11 

I didn't do so hot last week...my total was $57.97

This included a few splurges - mainly my very favorite ice cream to make my very favorite dessert...Strawberry Shortcake with Blue Bell Ice cream.  I'm of the opinion that 99% of the time it's just not worth eating ice cream if it isn't Blue Bell.  So when I saw it was on sale, I had to buy it =). 

I'd heard that Walmart is super great about honoring other people's coupons so I took full advantage of this and got the Bluebell Icecream for $3.99 instead of $5.50 (because it was on sale at New Flower Market) and also got a head of Romaine lettuce for $0.88 instead of $1.68!  (also on sale at the same store!).  I was surprised that the produce wasn't too bad at Walmart!

I'm not going to bother with laying out the whole grocery bill and meal plan for last week, because they were somewhat random, but I'll post some of the recipes I did cook for you over the next few days!






1 comment:

  1. I agree on the blue bell. Some other items are like for me too. Honey and peanut butter I don't skimp on usually.

    ReplyDelete